Diesel engines are common in fleet vehicles, semi-trucks and pickup trucks. With the rising price of traditional gasoline, diesel is also becoming a more popular choice for family vehicles. Our shop provides service for diesel engines of all sizes. The experts at Anamosa Auto Sales & Service use the latest diagnostic tools to ensure your diesel engine is running as it should with reliable Anamosa, IA diesel engine repair and service.
Why your vehicle needs diesel engine maintenance and repair: Diesel engines are exceptionally reliable, but they do need regular maintenance in order to stay in top condition. You must keep your diesel engine’s oil and filters changed at regular, scheduled intervals. Because diesel engines do not have electrical ignition parts such as plugs and wires, there are fewer components within the vehicle that need to be maintained. Still, you do need to make sure that the regular maintenance that does need to be performed on your diesel vehicle is done by a shop that understands and is experienced in working with diesel engines.
Potential Problems Requiring Anamosa, IA Diesel Engine Repair and Service
Problems such as leaky gaskets, cooling system issues, overheating, air and oil filtration issues, fuel system restrictions, dirty injectors, piston scoring, faulty injection timers and hard starting can be solved by bringing your Anamosa, IA diesel vehicle to the knowledgeable and experienced team at Anamosa Auto.
Because of their efficiency and durability, diesel engines have become the standard in powering our nation’s trucks and buses. Other heavy vehicles and mobile equipment, including bulldozers and cranes, also are powered by diesel engines, as are many commercial boats, passenger vehicles, pickups, and other work trucks.
Our diesel mechanics handle many kinds of Anamosa, IA diesel engine repairs. They may work on a vehicle’s electrical system, make major engine repairs, or retrofit engines with emission control systems to comply with pollution regulations.
When you bring your vehicle to Anamosa Auto for Anamosa, IA diesel engine repair and service, our mechanics typically do the following:
- Follow a checklist of inspection procedures
- Diagnose malfunctions
- Read and interpret diagnostic test results, often by using dials, gauges, and other computer equipment
- Raise trucks, buses, and heavy parts or equipment by using hydraulic jacks or hoists
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, transmissions, engines, and other parts of vehicles
- Do routine maintenance, such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and parts
- Adjust and align wheels, tighten bolts and screws, and attach system components
- Repair or replace malfunctioning components, parts, and other mechanical or electrical equipment
- Disassemble and reassemble equipment and parts